Welcome to Global Parenting Initiatives dba AskDrLinda
Updated November 12, 2016.
AND PRIVACY AGREEMENT
Acceptance of Terms
This Site Does Not Provide Medical Advice
The contents of the Website, such as text, graphics, images, information, and other materials (“Content”), are offered as an educational reference resource and for informational purposes only. GPI does not operate, control or supply any information, product, or service that is not clearly identified as supplied by GPI. The Content is not and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the Website.
GPI does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Website. Reliance on any information provided by GPI, others appearing on the Website at the invitation of GPI, or other users or visitors to the Website is solely at your own risk.
Appropriateness of Content
This website is not intended to attract children of any age and is specifically not intended to attract children under the age of 13. GPI does not collect personal information from any person under the age of 13. The Website may contain health- or medical-related materials and some of the content on this Website may not be appropriate for children. If you find any of these materials offensive, you may not want to use the Website. Parent or guardians are solely responsible for providing supervision of minors’ use of the Website.
- You will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on AskDrLinda.
- You will not collect users’ content or information, or otherwise access AskDrLinda using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on AskDrLinda.com
- You will not upload or distribute viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else or impersonate another person.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that is hateful, threatening, pornographic, or that contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate a third party application containing, or advertise or otherwise market alcohol-related or other mature content without appropriate age-based restrictions.
- You will not offer any contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes (“promotion”) onGPI/ AskDrLinda without our prior written consent.
- You will not use AskDrLinda to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of GPI/AskDrLinda, such as a denial of service attack.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement.
- You will not use the Website for any purpose in violation of local, state, national, or international laws;
- You will not post material that infringes on the intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others;
- You will not post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by GPI in its sole discretion;
- You will not after receiving a warning, continue to disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, or posting comments that are not related to the topic being discussed (unless it is clear the discussion is free-form);
- You will not post the same note more than once or “spam”; and
- You will not engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Website, or which, in the judgment of GPI, exposes GPI or any of its customers or suppliers to any liability or detriment of any type.
GPI reserves the right to review all media prior to submission to the Website and to remove any media for any reason, at any time, without prior notice, at GPI’s sole discretion. GPI may terminate any user’s right to use the Website at any time. GPI reserves the right to block, delete or stop the uploading of materials and communications that it in its sole discretion finds unacceptable for any reason.
Your use of the Website is at your own risk. GPI makes no warranties or representations as to the materials, information, products, and services included in the Website and assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions therein. GPI expressly disclaims, to the fullest extent permitted by law, all express, implied, and statutory warranties, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
GPI disclaims any warranties regarding the security, reliability, timeliness, and performance of its service. GPI shall not be liable for any delay or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces, or causes beyond its reasonable control.
GPI also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Website or your downloading of any materials from the Website.
GPI may include links to other Internet sites solely as a convenience to users of its Website. Such links do not imply any endorsement of these websites or the information, material, products, or services contained on or accessible from these websites. Users access and use such websites, including information, material, products, and services therein, solely at the users’ own risk. GPI is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other sites.
GPI may include pop-up ads, banner ads, or other third party advertisements. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Website, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. GPI shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage incurred as the result of any such dealings or as a result of the presence of such advertisers on the Website.
Intellectual Property Notice
Unless otherwise expressly stated, Global Parenting Initiative DBA AskDrLinda and the Content contained therein, as well as all copyright, trademark, trade dress, and other rights therein are owned by GPI (collectively, “Intellectual Property Rights”). You agree not to copy, use or otherwise infringe upon GPI’s Intellectual Property Rights (including but not limited to its trademarks or service marks contained on the Website). You further agree that you will not alter or remove any trademark, service mark, copyright or other notice from any copies of the information or other Content downloaded from the Website. Without prior written consent of GPI, you may not use any GPI trademark, service mark or logos in connection with the Website. You shall not modify or change the Content set forth on the Website nor otherwise create derivative works there from. You may not sell or modify the material or otherwise use it for any public or commercial purpose. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Notice and Takedown Procedures
If you believe any materials accessible on or from the Website infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access thereto) from this Website by contacting GPI and providing the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you believe to be infringed. Please describe the work, and where possible include a copy or the location (e.g., URL) of an authorized version of the work.
- Identification of the material that you believe to be infringing and its location. Please describe the material, and provide us with its URL or any other pertinent information that will allow us to locate the material.
- Your name, address, telephone number and (if available) e-mail address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the complained of use of the materials is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information that you have supplied is accurate, and indicating that “under penalty of perjury,” you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- A signature or the electronic equivalent from the copyright holder or authorized representative.
In an effort to protect the rights of copyright owners, GPI maintains a policy for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of subscribers and account holders of the Website who are repeat offenders.
Thank you for your cooperation. We hope you find the Global Parenting Initiatives Website AskDrLinda helpful and convenient to use. Questions or comments regarding this Website, including any reports of non-functioning links, should be submitted using our Contact Us Form.